CMS Core Measures Essentials
All you Need to Know about Core Quality Measures for Sepsis
Topic: CMS Core Quality Measures for Sepsis and how it Impacts Outcomes
When: Friday, January 29, 2016 from 10:00 -10:30 AM PDT (1:00-1:30 PM EDT)
Duration: 30 minutes
Speaker: Dr. Andre Vovan, Chief of Critical Care
CMS’s new reporting requirements now mandate every hospital to measure and publicly report their performance in terms of the core quality measures. Overtime this will lead to the evolution of value based purchasing whereby the reimbursements will be directly linked with the quality of care that the hospitals provide. Failure to comply with the core quality measures will result in penalties.
Live Presentation on the CMS Core Quality Measures for Sepsis. In this webinar attendees got a holistic perspective of the new quality measures and how you can modify your existing protocols to comply with the CMS requirements!
During this webinar, we discussed:
- How is the new Core Measures different
- How clinical and financial outcomes are closely linked
- Sepsis bundle implementation and how it can improve quality
- Sepsis and Value-Based Reimbursement
- Challenges that providers could face in adjusting their sepsis programs
- …and more
You may download the webinar resources for reference.