Agile Healthcare Analytics for Transforming Patient Care
Healthcare systems are increasingly embracing new analytics and automation solutions for transforming patient care in intensive care units (ICU). Hospitals, using analytics solutions have been able to not only reduce patient morbidity and mortality but also offer better care at affordable cost. Analytics combined with health intervention strategies goes a long way to improve outcomes and operations. Care providers rely on agile analytics solutions for:
- Managing clinical, operational, financial data
- Enabling analytics-driven workflows
- Using data as an asset and establishing ROI
- Integrating data from multiple sources
- Reduce office visits and improving patient health
- Implementing care protocols and achieving compliance
A study in Health Affairs, titled Six Cases Where Big Data Can Reduce Healthcare Costs, suggests six areas where hospitals can use data for transforming patient care through early intervention and treatment. Analytics solutions can improve quality in the following major areas among others:
- High-cost patients: It is established that only five percent of patients account for about half of all US health care spending. Advanced analytics solutions can help identify and manage these high-cost patients when they get admitted and before they move to the ICU setting. Appropriate management of high-cost patients will not only reflect in lower LOS and cost but also improved ratings.
- Readmissions: As many as one-third of readmissions may be avoidable, which means that there is a significant opportunity for transforming patient care and reducing clinical cost. Hospitals are increasingly adopting analytics solutions that use algorithms to predict likely cases for readmission and helps clinicians draw critical insights on patterns, outlier, and trends for readmissions.
- Time Zero: Analytics that ensure effective triage or time zero helps in estimating the risk and probability of complications when a patient first receives care in the hospital setting. This is important in order to manage staff and bed resources, ensuring the patient moves along the correct care pathway.
- Multiple organ failure: Chronic conditions spanning multiple organs are systemic in nature are also incur highest cost. However, the new age analytics solutions integrate data from multiple disparate sources into actionable insights help care providers identify cases for organ failure and improve patient care while keeping a tight control over costs.
In critical care settings, clinicians are always under pressure to assess the situation accurately and take decisions timely. However, navigating the vast amounts of clinical data can make it difficult for clinicians to analyze and filter the humongous amount of information at once. AcesoCloud addresses this issue comprehensively and transforms patient data from multiple sources, such as SCM and EMR, into meaningful and actionable insights. The financial and clinical dashboards provide intensivists and nurses with relevant clinical information needed to make decisions quickly and efficiently, leading to better care and outcomes.